Today is the Super Bowl and Chad's team is playing! My sister and her family are up for the weekend and so we decided to make our niece a shirt to help him support his team.
I used freezer paper stenciling from over at I am Momma Hear Me Roar!
Materials:
Silhouette (or any other cutting machine, or just print the letters off and cut them out for stencil)
Iron
Fabric Paint
Cotton shirt (pre-washed)
Directions:
Step 1- I traced the design I wanted onto the dull side of freezer paper (I should have just stuck the freezer paper into my Silhouette but I didn't think about it, so I cut out the letters in the font I wanted and then traced them onto the dull side of my freezer paper).
Step 2 - (can be skipped if you used a cutting machine but remember if your letters have a hole in them (like e) you need to KEEP that little dot in the middle of the e tummy). You'll have to cut out your letters and make sure to keep any parts needed to make your letters look correct.
Step 3- I ironed (using the cotton setting) on a piece of freezer paper to the inside of the shirt so that if the paint soaked through it wouldn't get onto the other side of the shirt. You must put the shiny side of the paper down (otherwise your iron will stick to the freezer paper).
Step 4- Flip the shirt back to the right side out. Iron on (shiny side down) the pattern you want to stencil onto the shirt. Make sure that it is stuck to the shirt before you start painting.
Step 5- I used a foam brush and Tulip Soft fabric paint. I painted on one coat, not brushing, just using the sponge, and then went back over with a second coat after about 2 minutes.
{the paper "unstickied" from the shirt, so I thought....
it really didn't it was just the paper soaking up the paint.}
Step 6- Let it dry for about 4 hours then pull the outside stencil off carefully. I took our stencil off after 3 hours (Chad was super excited to see if it worked) and it was just fine.
Step 7- I let the shirt lay flat to dry over night and then took the inside freezer paper off this morning, just in case.
I love how it turned out! This is the first Freezer Paper Stenciling I have tried and it was SO easy and the final product was awesome (in my opinion)!
GO STEELERS!






No comments:
Post a Comment