Baby Hoff is the size of a Mango!
At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces.
How far along? 19w1d
Total weight gain: 9 lbs as of last appointment (next appt is June 4!)
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but soon!
Total weight gain: 9 lbs as of last appointment (next appt is June 4!)
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but soon!
Stretch marks? none that I can tell
Sleep: still averaging about 5-6 hours a night
Best moment this week: Not baby related--the basement is construction guy free!
Miss Anything? Being able to quickly get dressed in the a.m.
Movement: dance party central!
Food cravings: chips--keepin' it real with the baked version haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: Raw meat
Gender: Team Green for now!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: tired, small spurts of energy, sore belly (muscles are sore--stretching far!)
Belly Button in or out? half in--half out
Wedding rings on or off? On! but it's a little tight in the morning. My hands are swelling during the night
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'd say I was pretty happy this week (unless you count me being upset at the construction people from across the way.....)
Looking forward to: Summer =) 5 days left of school!
How are you feeling? I'm adding this question. I feel huge, even though I KNOW I'M NOT. Seriously though when you go from having an indented belly for 26 years of your life to this, it's a roller coaster of emotions. I'm laughing at the numbers on the scale because I think it's great that I've never seen them before, it's just what I look like in the mirror that bothers me. No one ever told me I would feel this way and quite frankly I've never heard any one mention themselves feeling this way. It's not something I'm going to bottle up because it's an honest feeling. I LOVE that I can feel baby Hoff dancing around in there and I know growing is a part of the process, but it just sort of came all at once and I wasn't ready for it. But, alas, I am starting to love it =) Don't laugh at my feelings or tell me I'm crazy, because that is why people don't open up and express things like this and if you so choose to talk about me like that they you really aren't being a support friend, relative, or person and I don't need you in my life =) It's not healthy to keep things in--and maybe, just maybe someone can relate to me and know that it's okay to feel this way.
Sleep: still averaging about 5-6 hours a night
Best moment this week: Not baby related--the basement is construction guy free!
Miss Anything? Being able to quickly get dressed in the a.m.
Movement: dance party central!
Food cravings: chips--keepin' it real with the baked version haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: Raw meat
Gender: Team Green for now!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: tired, small spurts of energy, sore belly (muscles are sore--stretching far!)
Belly Button in or out? half in--half out
Wedding rings on or off? On! but it's a little tight in the morning. My hands are swelling during the night
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'd say I was pretty happy this week (unless you count me being upset at the construction people from across the way.....)
Looking forward to: Summer =) 5 days left of school!
How are you feeling? I'm adding this question. I feel huge, even though I KNOW I'M NOT. Seriously though when you go from having an indented belly for 26 years of your life to this, it's a roller coaster of emotions. I'm laughing at the numbers on the scale because I think it's great that I've never seen them before, it's just what I look like in the mirror that bothers me. No one ever told me I would feel this way and quite frankly I've never heard any one mention themselves feeling this way. It's not something I'm going to bottle up because it's an honest feeling. I LOVE that I can feel baby Hoff dancing around in there and I know growing is a part of the process, but it just sort of came all at once and I wasn't ready for it. But, alas, I am starting to love it =) Don't laugh at my feelings or tell me I'm crazy, because that is why people don't open up and express things like this and if you so choose to talk about me like that they you really aren't being a support friend, relative, or person and I don't need you in my life =) It's not healthy to keep things in--and maybe, just maybe someone can relate to me and know that it's okay to feel this way.
Here's the weekly pictures from today (Monday--one day late):

So, I used my phone this a.m. after letting it charge ALL NIGHT (when I went to bed I had 2 green bars) and I woke up to "you have 3% battery left" and my alarm that WOULD NOT SHUT OFF without shutting my phone off! I thought it would be nice and work today since yesterday it was pretty generous, but NO. So, off to Verizon I go to get a new phone after work. LAME.
I felt the same way. I felt like a cow the whole time and was seriously depressed about what it was doing to my body. I had a hard time understanding what the heck was going on all the time because I'm very body aware and every change that came up bugged me like crazy. Don't feel strange about that - and you're right... it's that kind of stuff no one prepares you for. I LOVE my little guy and the wonderful ways it has made us into a family, but actually being pregnant was probably one of the most ackward things I've ever experienced. I guess embrace what you can and enjoy that it WILL get better over time. Once you look back you can honestly hardly remember most of it.
ReplyDeleteTake care!! - Shar
I totally agree with Shar. Except for that ackward thing. I was actually way less klutzy while pregnant both times! But, I did feel incredibly fat. And its tough when everyone is saying how great you look and that its supposed to be all happy cheery glowy but your body is all hormones a ragin' and your busting at the seams. Wait til after number two when you start to have a mummy tummy......
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate and I love that you put the people who would argue with you and call you crazy in their place before they could say anything! haha...favorite part. Love reading your pregnancy posts.
ReplyDelete