Poor Sadie! Today she got spayed. She went in this morning around 7:20 and had to spend all day at the vet. I just got home about a half hour ago with her (it's about 4:30 here). Exciting news for the first post huh? The vet nurse was going to send me home without a cone for her, but I know better than that! She has horrible allergies and would have gotten those sutures right off there!! The gal said "oh she's just been hanging out here, she hasn't bothered them at all." So we got a cone and came home. I put her down at the door and she wouldn't come in so I finally picked her up and set her in the kitchen, she didn't move for almost 5 minutes, just stood there! So I brought her out to the living room and set her on her blanket and took the cone off, big mistake! First of all the darn thing is harder then heck to get on, 2nd of all I should have known better! She ran and jumped onto the couch and started eating at her sutures! So, needless to say the cone is back on and she hates me again =) The gal also told me I could try putting a baby onesie on her but we'd have to unbutton it so she could go to the bathroom, but I think she would try and eat through it, so after a few days of the cone we will try that. Chad stopped by to visit her while he was out running around and said he would take the cone off when he got home so he could help me watch her to make sure she doesn't get the sutures, so hopefully that goes better than round 1!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Poor Sadie!
Poor Sadie! Today she got spayed. She went in this morning around 7:20 and had to spend all day at the vet. I just got home about a half hour ago with her (it's about 4:30 here). Exciting news for the first post huh? The vet nurse was going to send me home without a cone for her, but I know better than that! She has horrible allergies and would have gotten those sutures right off there!! The gal said "oh she's just been hanging out here, she hasn't bothered them at all." So we got a cone and came home. I put her down at the door and she wouldn't come in so I finally picked her up and set her in the kitchen, she didn't move for almost 5 minutes, just stood there! So I brought her out to the living room and set her on her blanket and took the cone off, big mistake! First of all the darn thing is harder then heck to get on, 2nd of all I should have known better! She ran and jumped onto the couch and started eating at her sutures! So, needless to say the cone is back on and she hates me again =) The gal also told me I could try putting a baby onesie on her but we'd have to unbutton it so she could go to the bathroom, but I think she would try and eat through it, so after a few days of the cone we will try that. Chad stopped by to visit her while he was out running around and said he would take the cone off when he got home so he could help me watch her to make sure she doesn't get the sutures, so hopefully that goes better than round 1!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mom says... "Sorry, Sadie girl... Aunt Julie loves you!!" =)
ReplyDeleteI say... Those pictures are hilarious!! I remember when I got Milo fixed... it was the most annoying thing ever... having to watch him 24/7!! We didnt get a cone... I am CONE-active!! Bring on the cones!! lol...
Also FYI, I had to use this account when I was in History of Pop Music at DCC... so my username is Rophi... cant remember why I put that... but just to let you know!! lol... LOVE YOU GUYS!! Give Sades a kiss... =D
Dogs with cones are funny. I suggested our dogs wear them all the time but I got shutdown.
ReplyDeletegood grief never had to put a cone on anything we had spade. but if the shoe fits or cone let sadie wear it but how about giving it some color something besides clear...have fun with the blog and keep it up..love uncle p.a.
ReplyDeleteI didn't need one!
ReplyDeleteooh poor sadie! i need to get kobe fixed...but until i can afford it...
ReplyDelete