Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Memorial Weekend

We had a pretty busy/laid back Memorial weekend. We decided to go to Glendive, but had to wait for Chad to get off of work on Saturday; we left around 2:30p on Saturday. I unfortunatly forgot that I had packed my camera with so I didn't take any pictures, so hopefully next time we are home I will! I spent the evening figuring out how Uncle Chester was doing and making plans for Sunday with my family. Chad spent the night hanging out with his brother Chris and dad.

On Sunday Chad went with his family to Circle for church and then Sidney for Lunch/Dinner with the Hoff grandparents (and brought me home some yummy ham from there!). I was able to go out to breakfast with my dad and Michelle and got a little more caught up with them. I haven't seen them since Easter so it was nice. After that I went to my sister Kris's and hung out with her family (Charles and Lily) for a little bit. Kris and I went to Runnings and bought another flag pole thingy for mom's grave site because she bought flag for up there, so now there are two =) We went up to the grave and put everything back on as I had taken every thing off the last time I was up there per a sign that said to take everything off for cleaning. After that I went back to Kris's and played with Lily outside while Kris planted flowers and Charles worked on a strawberry fence. I was lucky enough as well to get to watch Lily while her parents went out for dinner!

Chad drove into town while I was watching Lily and came over to see her as well. After that we went out to Nick and Sarah's house, Nick unfortunatly had to work so we just saw Sarah and the boys. Linken had the flu on Thursday so we were hoping that Lukas wasn't going to be getting it so we could see them this weekend, and we got to! I spent part of the evening color in a color wonder color book (the markers only color where they want you to, they don't even color on your hand!!) and Chad spent the evening "texting" with Linken on the Nintendo DS's.

We went back out to Chad's parents house to find the Evan's there so we got to visit with them for a bit.

On Monday we drove into the town and had breakfast with Ann at the Comfort Inn; I really like waffles =) and then headed back out to their house to pack, clean the car (I vaccuumed all the pine needles out finally), and Chad helped his dad out around the house. Around 2:30p we went back into town to see Linken and Lukas again since we didn't get to see them that long on Sunday. Linken had called earlier to find out when we were coming and wanted to know if Chad wanted to "text" again. We arrived there and found Sarah making chocolate chip cookies, good timing if I do say so myself =)

We stopped at Chad's Aunt Julies house before we headed out of town for a few minutes. We weren't there a super long time but it was good to catch up. We finally got back to Bismarck around 9:45p.

It was a pretty good weekend. While at the Hoff parents house we got to chase our nephew Cannon around and see Chad's cousin Brittney. We also were surprised to see that the garage cat Barney had had kittens again and 1 finally made it! It fit nicely into the palm of my hand. Other than the rainy/windy weather, we had a good time. Hope you all had a decent weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment