Chads First Softball Games!
Keep in mind I'm not softball orientated and really know nothing about it, so bear with me on this one.
Last night Chad played his first games of the softball season. They play 2 games a night (back to back), but the same team. He played the same position as I'm used to seeing him at, catcher. They are sponsored by Coors Light and are called O'Brians (which could be another sponser too but I was never explained this detail). They are red and black and are waiting for the pants they ordered so they can look more like a team =) Chad did really good though, couldn't tell you his stats or whatever though. He did do a nice slide/belly dive into 2nd, which he stated as he got up "Don't worry, belly caught my fall!"
He whiffed (is that the right word?) really good only once while up to bat =) he may not appreciate that I wrote that. He hit some nice hits though out to the left field, one was even a line drive! As far as I can remember and he'll correct me later if I'm wrong, he didn't strike out at all and every hit got him to at least 1st base if not farther. They won both games. The 1st game 13-3 and the second 19-11 (but I'll have to double check that score with him when he gets home, so it may change) =)
Jarod and Heidi came to watch too!! I hung out in my car till they got there though because Chad gave me insufficient directions (Jarod knew more than I did!). Apparently at the Cottonwood complex there are 2 parking lots (would have been nice to know this), I happened to park in the one that was farthest away from the field Chad was on! I know for next time now, although, my luck he won't play at those fields again and I'll have to figure out a new set! It was fun though and I'm glad I had Jarod and Heidi there because I didn't know anyone! The only person I know is Matt, who was Chad's manager at the Truck and Farm center, but he's on the team!


My goal is to go to all the games this year. When Chad played in 2007 I think I only went to 2 games =) They are going to be playing in the Miller Light tournament in Dickinson (July 11-12), Mcquade tournament here in Bismarck (June 26-28), and also the state tournament in Minot (August 8-9). I'll do my best to keep you all updated on these adventures, but bear with my lack of knowledge of softball!

No comments:
Post a Comment