
The weekend felt like it was busy, but we didn't do a whole lot. On Saturday, Heidi and I did the Make A Wish Foundation of ND Walk for Wishes. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of ND grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions (whom reside in ND). It is a 5k walk, which is about 3.2 miles or so (which is 23 laps around the fieldhouse track). Heidi and I finished in 1 hour (and we even walked on the outermost lanes!!), go us! There was a group with strollers who were walking on the inside lane that were cruising! I forgot my camera so I didn't get to take any pictures. There was a little gal there though that had her wish granted in January. Her wish was to take her family on a cruise in the Caribbean after all her treatments were complete so they could finally relax, so that was really neat! Brought a tear to my eye anyways!
There weren't many people there walking and that was partly because the original date was on April 4, but due to all the flooding they decided to postpone the event. If I remember correctly there were about 20 people there and then later a big group of about 15 joined in (I think they were foreign exchange?? not sure, don't quote me on this one!!!!). But with the 20+ that were there we managed to raise almost $4000! The people who weren't able to make it sent in their pledge monies so that will be counted in when it all gets to the main office. So, us alone almost granted one wish (it takes about $6000 to grant one wish)!!
After the Walk-a-Thon Heidi and I went to the liquidation sale at the Civic center. It was advertised that we could buy a brand new laptop for $120, so we thought lets check this out! After a $7 cover charge and about 45 minutes later, we walked out with only a pair of sunglasses for the each of us and one for Jarod. There wasn't really anything good, or trustworthy, to buy. So that was no fun.
Chad went to Dickinson with Jarod for the afternoon to meet his parents on Saturday too. They switched vehicles because Chad's is acting up and we aren't able to get it into the shop here soon enough and his dad can get it in sooner. So, you'll probably see the old red ford driving around Glendive, but we aren't there!
When they got back Chad and I went to dinner with Aunt Barb, Uncle Ted, and Grandma Fay at the Olive Garden. We got there about 6:30p and didn't end up leaving till after 9pm! Good food and conversation for sure!Sunday consisted of me working my 4 hour shift, going for a walk by Tom OLeary golf course, and then grocery shopping. exciting lives we lead, eh?
Today though! I went to the doctor to have my skin relooked at (I apparently having Vincent's Angina, which I haven't been able to find anything on it besides its Impetigo, but whatever) and my moles checked out. They were all normal except for my birthmark. I've had that thing biopsied before because of red bumps in it, and it grew back! So the dr decided to remove the whole thing because he was nervous of how it looked, he used the M word! But I'm not too worried about it. We have to wait about a week and a half or so to get the results back, Chad was a little disturbed by this news, but I'm praying for a good result and I KNOW it will be good. So I'll keep you posted. I was a tish nervous because the first time it was biopsied it hurt like you wouldn't believe. This time though I didn't feel a thing! He numbed it up and I was unable to feel a thing! Took about 2 minutes to remove, if that! So that was a plus!! Now though, it's been about an hour since it was numbed and the numbing is wearing off and it is starting to sting a bit, but, oh well.
Gosh this one is long, sorry =) Just keeping you updated in whats going on in our lives!!
No comments:
Post a Comment