Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentines Day subway Art

I'm trying to do one craft a month  =)  Here is one of January's:  

 I found this idea on a fun crafty blog Tatertots and Jello

Valentine Subway Art:  

 Chad so graciously cut this piece of wood for me.  =)  Then I sanded it down.....


Gave it a coat of primer...should have done two, but, it's my first project with a new medium, you live and you learn =)

Put 2 coats of red paint on, then distressed the whole area using sandpaper....

Placed my letters {which I used my Silhouette to cut out} and modge podged them on!



Simple, cute, INEXPENSIVE decoration =)

2 comments:

  1. yay! its so cute :) i wish i had time to make one craft a month. maybe this summer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I don't have the time! That's why I'm making one item a month. I've been focusing on school school school and not enough "me" time or "family" time. So this is one of my resolutions =)

    ReplyDelete