June 26-28 Chad's team participated in the McQuade softball tournament here in Bismarck. To learn more about the tournament click HERE. The team played in Mandan on Friday and Saturday and Bismarck on Sunday.
They played Friday night but lost. Chad and I bought those new Off! Fans and I used them the whole weekend! They worked so good and I did not get a single bug bite! Right as the game was finishing up the wind picked up horribly and as we headed to the after game get together it started to downpour! Chad and I went home for a little while because our windows were open and the tornado sirens started going off! We stayed home until they went off and then headed over to the managers house. Most of the team and their girlfriends, wives, fiances, and kids were there when we got there and some more showed up a little later with pizza.
They were told to meet at the fields about 8 a.m. on Saturday as the game was going to be at 8:20 a.m. Everyone was there and getting ready to warm up...and then they realized they didn't play until 8:20 p.m.!! So chad and I ran some errands and came home for a bit and headed back to the fields in Mandan around 7 p.m. They won this game so we had a long day ahead of us the next day! Again, we retreated to the managers house again for a get together after the game.
Sunday morning they played at 10:30 and won that game and had about an hour and a half break before the next game at 1:20. I ran to Subway for some lunch as everyone retreated to the shade in the lawn to rest and hang out. The next game started and they won again! That win put them into the consellation game bracket so they played again right away at 2:00. Chad's brother from Missouri, Jared and his wife Sandy and little girl Kamryn showed up just in time to watch the last game of the day.
The team won this game as well! So after we said our goodbyes to Jared and his family we headed over to Clem Kelly for the trophy presentations! Chad's team took 5th place out of 45 teams (This is what Chad told me). So they did really good!! They are 12 and 2 right now (I'm pretty sure, but could be off by 1 game) so they are 3rd in their league! I'll have to double check these standings as the website wasn't updated as of yet due to the holiday =)
I learned a valuable lesson during this tournament. Sunscreen would have been smart =) I got burnt to a crisp! I have some amazing tan lines on my feet from my sandals (although my toes didn't burn) and a rockin farmers tan going on on my arms as I was wearing a tshirt. It also looks as if I have on a pair of socks, so to speak, as I had on capris so I burned from the middle of my shin down =) it's really quite the spectacle. So, next time I will put on sunscreen!
The team has many little supporters =) A lot of the guys have kids or one on the way so there are many little fans there. Not all of the kids are pictured below (I think a few were missing, but not many) and most of the guy's wives, fiances, and girlfriends were here as well!
But of course, there had to be a special picture. Its customary to douce (forgive my spelling) the manager/coach with water when you win......but no one had an empty cooler........
So they used beer =) later when Chad and I went to leave he emptied our cooler into another one and used the water that was in ours to dump on him again.....you know to get rid of the beer smell =)
No comments:
Post a Comment