The day started off at the parade in Mandan. Chad and I drove over and met Heidi at Jena and Jason's house (Jarod had to work so he missed out). We walked the block and a half to main street and set up our chairs. We got there around 9:30 and finally left about 12:45! This was the longest parade that I have ever been to!!! There were about 140 floats, lots of candy thrown, and a decision that the only way I'll go back next year is if I'm in it for some reason haha. I think Glendive's parades were more interesting than this one was...yikes! Here are some photos from the morning!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Happy 4th of July parade in Mandan!
Yesterday was July 4th and boy was it an entertaining, kinda sad, day!
The day started off at the parade in Mandan. Chad and I drove over and met Heidi at Jena and Jason's house (Jarod had to work so he missed out). We walked the block and a half to main street and set up our chairs. We got there around 9:30 and finally left about 12:45! This was the longest parade that I have ever been to!!! There were about 140 floats, lots of candy thrown, and a decision that the only way I'll go back next year is if I'm in it for some reason haha. I think Glendive's parades were more interesting than this one was...yikes! Here are some photos from the morning!
Alexie (sorry if I spelled that wrong, it's Jarod and Heidi's niece) didn't want her picture taken.
Chad wanted to bring Sadie, so he was in charge of her. This was her spot of choice (Chad was using Heidi's chair with a footrest and it reclines) until the sirens started from the firetrucks, then she parked it on my lap for most of the duration.
This little girl was leading the group she was with! She had to be maybe 3 or 4 and she was riding this horse all by herself. No one was walking beside her the girl on the other side was on her own horse. She was pulling on the reins and kicking the horse, it was so neat to see!!!
I totally want to own one of these someday, pretty much because it's pink =)
Nice float huh?
The day started off at the parade in Mandan. Chad and I drove over and met Heidi at Jena and Jason's house (Jarod had to work so he missed out). We walked the block and a half to main street and set up our chairs. We got there around 9:30 and finally left about 12:45! This was the longest parade that I have ever been to!!! There were about 140 floats, lots of candy thrown, and a decision that the only way I'll go back next year is if I'm in it for some reason haha. I think Glendive's parades were more interesting than this one was...yikes! Here are some photos from the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment