Yep, Back In Action.
Had a groovy garage sale on Friday and Saturday. Most of my sales happened on Friday and only a FEW on Saturday. No big deal. Chad was not feeling it, so he spent most of the day inside and away helping a few friends. Made enough cash to buy a screen door though! YEAH! Everything that didn't sell is curently boxed up awaiting pickup. Only a few select items made it back into the house.
hmm, what else. I got bit by a bug on Saturday and have a huge welt on my foot, which itches like crazy...not even benedryl is kickin it! Grad school is proving to be pretty laid back right now. Great discussions are being had and very interesting material is being presented.
We are still in the house, thankfully, for now. My dad brought up his camper for us to stay in while we were evacuated and we cannot thank him enough! That was definetly an experience for us! The river is up high and will be high for the next month or so. If it rains a lot, like A LOT in a short period of time we will probably be evacuated again. So, pray for no rain or if it has to rain, just light showers.
I'm working on a few projects. One is an order for a friend, another is a project that was an epic fail--I've revamped how to put it together so we will see if that works or not, and I will be starting my dresser renovation soon too! I'm a little nervous about that however, since I've never done it before. I have an end table I'm going to redo also.
Chad hasn't been up to much lately. Can't golf because the courses are flooded, can't play softball due to his back. He's been enjoying lawn work now that he has a working mower however...he looks like he's enjoying it any how! His back is getting better and he can walk on his heels now without much effort, so that's a MAJOR plus. His visits are down to once a week now.
I have been rehired back on at my school, teaching Kindergarten again. I'm excited to get back into my classroom and get it cleaned back up since we had to "evacute" that also. Most of my stuff is put up on shelves and it's a little chaotic mess right now!
That's all I've got for tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment