We were able to see the house finally on Saturday. We went down to our neighborhood on Thursday afternoon but there was way too much water still, but apparently we could have gotten in Friday because the eater had receded that much. Oh well. So we stopped down in the a.m. and chad did a walk through with Rob the neighbor and they opened Windows and doors. Chad and I had a few things to pick up and went back later in the day to spray the mold down to try and get on top of it. Yesterday Chads coworkers Tim and curt from here and Morgan (it guy from bismarck) were over helping gut out the house. They got the laminate flooring up to find carpet, got the carpet up to find original hardwoods, got the original flooring up to find the sub floor (which we may get a little surprise and find another layer of flooring under that). Morgan and Tim got most of the kitchen out also. The windows have all been removed except for the huge one out front and the newer one in the kitchen. They got the flooring in the bathroom up, the toilet and sink out (going to try and reuse those) and the vanity out. They also pumped 2-3 feet of water out of the basement yesterday. The water had actually gone down quite a bit by itself after we had opened the Windows and doors. I have some pictures but because I'm posting off my phone I can't add them, sorry. It's moldy, muddy, wet, and stinky draw yourself a mental picture haha.
If you can see those random symbols and letters sorry, its me trying to add formatting marks because when I post from the phone it doesn't format the text. Anyhow. Our neighbors had a cinder block basement.and it collapsed, there are actually quite a few in our neighborhood of Green Valley that basements collapsed, so far ours isn't one of them! Today Nick and Sarah are headed up for the day to help. Today's project will be tearing out the walls that aren't sheetrock or plaster...some type of cement board or something. Also, I think they are going to try and get the ceiling down too, since Morgan is here. Waiting on the call from our fema inspector so ee can get them in to look at the house, same with the other three billion inspectors we have to have. Next time I have internet access on the computer I will post some pictures for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment