Thursday, November 17, 2011

Long night

Here are a few pictures from the last few 
weeks. I'll post some of the finished drywall 
as soon as they are done! 

The neighbors tree is SOOO pretty!
We moved the hot water heater into the furnace room so that the washer and dryer can be moved to this wall....space saver =)
New electrical box!
Insulated and plastic up!



New door didn't quite fit, so we had
to resize the header!

Attempt #1 to fix the gutters......

New tub is in!!


ooooooooooh drywall!


Woops! forgot to take into account the soffit when we ordered cabinets.  Just had to cut out about 31 inches so that the new pantry will fit....the rest will work out.....thankfully!!
 


The drywallers should be finished in the next day or so, then they will spray the texture and primer.  After that we can start painting!  Cabinets will be going in in about a week, then flooring the following week....which means just trim work and finishing the plumbing!  The kitchen counter top will arrive near the end of December or beginning of January, so until then I'll just be using some plywood I think! Then we can move our stuff back in and live in our house!!!!  

Things are getting better.  I still have days when I leave work and just want to cry (and I usually do).  I'm sure Chad has these days too, however he tries to be tough.  Like so many others, I just want to go home.  I want to live in a place where I have a seperate kitchen and living room...I want to live in our house!

I was able to make our first ever house payment on our property in October.  That was really exciting;  all the rest were made in the camper.  I can't wait for the day I get to make a payment in our house! 

Chad and I have just really been working on the house.  Last night he blew insulation into the attic; the garage is still left because the drywallers haven't gotten to that part yet, so there isn't a ceiling in there.  I have parent teacher conferences this week and Chad has a holiday open house tonight.  We are ready to be able to come home and just relax.  

We received about 6 inches of snow of Tuesday morning....made for a long trip to school with all of the car crashes there were.  

There's so much I'd like to post, but I know I shouldn't because, well, it's my raw emotions.  I've had complaints even after a few posts, so, sorry for the generic.  I'll keep to my journal for those raw "posts."

Have a great night! and weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment