Saturday, December 29, 2012

{commit}

Goodbye 2012! Welcome 2013! 

We've got some resolutions....
But we've got some ideas too....

To me, a resolution doesn't need to just happen on January 1st.  If it's something you want to change or do or experience...do it NOW

Don't wait. 

COMMIT.

Last year I decided I was going to try and bring less work home...guess what?

IT HAPPENED.  

I didn't bring home piles of work each night/weekend.  I didn't spend countless hours at the school on the weekends.  Sure, maybe once a month (dang centers) I spent a few good hours there on a Sunday....but it wasn't EVERY weekend or EVERY night. 

**I'm committing to that again.  
I need to use my time at the school wisely and not always 
over talking to bugging Alysha :-)
I only have the evenings with Parker once I'm back at work so I want to make the most out of them.  Sure I might have a few things to bring home to work on here and there, but it won't be as much as it used to be.

**I also want to try and make cleaner meals...less boxed stuff.  
I'm committing to 1x a week for now.  I think that's reasonable.  
I can't commit to an all or nothing....that isn't reasonable.

**I also want to find a balance for keeping the house clean.  I used to spend one day during the weekend to clean...that gets to be too much when your husband is just a "picker upper" and not a "cleaner".  So maybe Mondays I'll clean up the whole kitchen, Tuesdays I'll do windows, etc etc.  I'm bound to find a balance somewhere. I've got quite a few "cleaning schedules" pinned on pinterest....

**I am committing to finally getting the house decorated....

**I'd like to explore the Dave Ramsey envelope system again...
not committing to doing it, just exploring it a little more.

**The utility room WILL get organized in 2013...COMMITTED!

**I'm committing to reading 1 book for pleasure this year.  I haven't done this in awhile and I'd like to.  
So I'm committing to one, if I read more than that GREAT!   

**I'm committing to trying/doing/going to 5 different things.  Maybe it's going to a new store, going for a walk in a different park than normal, trying to crochet, attending an event we've never been to... WHO KNOWS! The possibilities are endless!
 I would commit to 12, but that is one a month and that 
is not currently reasonable for ME. 
 5 is a good number...

I've also got a new bill book idea that we will be starting in January.  With this record keeping I have decided it's best to start fresh by following the calendar....so this doesn't get changed up often =)

That's a lot of commitments resolutions huh?  
Guess what though...they are reasonable.  
A reasonable commitment resolution is one that will probably happen 
and not die out within a few weeks or never happen at all. 

These are just mine...I'm not sure what Chad has in store.
(okay I do have an idea but they aren't mine to share)

I've shared mine...now.... What's your take? 
Do you have a reasonable commitment you will be working on?

1 comment: