Sunday, April 7, 2013

{project} Pinterest!

We needed a shelf that would hold our cable box thingy and couldn't find any deep enough.
So, off to Pinterest I went. 
I found this pin....
Source

Cool.  Let's do it.  It's been pinned for MONTHS....

So I ordered 5 unfinished wood crates from Joann's Fabric because our store here never has them in stock.  Totally scored.  They were 50% off almost AAAAAAAND I had a free shipping code.
You need a cute helper or two....

The labels were glued on (yep...glued) so a little nail polish remover and some elbow grease and they were removed.


A little bit of stain.....

I'm apparently a messy worker....

Lots of lessons learned during this project.  I've never used a water based stain and I've never stained such a big piece.  Overall it's not perfect, but I like the finished project even with my oopsies.

See, again, you need a cute helper or two....


Voila! Finished project.  

Chad used the air nailer to nail two 1x1ish boards to the back to make it a little more study and to nail the crates together.

Is it perfect? No. Is it store quality? No. Does any of that matter? Nope!

It's perfect for what we need it for AND it looks pretty decent AAAAAND it was pretty cost effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment