Chad and I had a cozy little Easter weekend. I had Friday off from school and work, we worked on Saturday, had Sunday off, and I also had today off from school. It was a quick weekend.
On Friday we had a great storm bringing in about 8-9 inches of the slushy, fluffy, white stuff. I decided to venture to the mall (dumb) and got stuck in the slushy muck. Have no fear as I got unstuck myself =) only took about 10 minutes of driving back and forth.
On Saturday once I got off of work (working until 4 on a beautiful Saturday blows) we went to the store and bought our Easter dinner =) Then, because I wasn't feeling too swell (I was on a Zpack all weekend, nice huh?), Chad ventured to Eric and Laura's by himself for the night to watch the bball game. He had a fun time, rolled into the house about 12:30, so we got to sleep in on Sunday =)
We got up late on Sunday, which was nice. I started the ham and got the buns rising =) they were pretty tasty!!! I did my workout for the morning and then tricked Chad into playing the EA active with me =) it was a lot of fun. So, after a light lunch we went for another walk (we've been walking almost every night that I don't have to work) in the parking lot, I mean park =) It's been nice to leave the phones at home and just walk in the peace and quiet with the dog. We are going to walk the park by our house a few more times before we trek over to the longer ones, just to get into the swing of things. We went to Jarod and Heidi's later after dinner and played Wii. We took over Mario Kart and forgot the wheel for Heidi (sorry!) so we played a few games of that and then the boys went upstairs so Heidi and I played Super Mario. We got home about 9:30, early yes, but we were tired and had stuff to do Monday morning!
I've been battling something the last three weeks (darn kindergartners!). Thought it was strep then it turned into a major sinus infection, so I finally got a Zpak. Poor Chad. I have gotten some pretty bad colds this semester because of working with the students more, and he has gotten them all as well, only, not as full blown (lucky guy!). So he is now fighting off a small head cold courtesy of me =) I even lysoled the house and took all precautionary measures not to get him sick! I even offered to sleep in the spare room (secretly enjoying it because I love that bed! It's just so much more comfortable than the one in our room! We'd switch, but we don't fit on my old bed!!) anyhow.....
We have been pretty busy, as usual. I'm looking for summer work and Chad is looking for summer adventure =) I have started the application process for teaching jobs and have a small job fair to attend in about a week or so to hand out my resume. I've also been applying for summer aid for the three classes that I need to take. Chad's started playing basketball on Tuesday nights (which works out nice because I work most Tuesdays) with some friends, so that's keeping him busy....for the time being. Softball will be starting soon and that will keep him busy on Thursday nights (I think that's the right night).
Hopefully you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We enjoyed the low key of just the two of us =) and the dog....
**tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to find out one of my scores from my big tests...I'll either be cranky or excited.....depends on what happens!!!!**
Have a great day!

Sounds like a nice weekend for two. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteKristen