Friday, March 5, 2010

1st grade adventures....

Some pictures from my first placement in student teaching: 1st grade.

 
This is Mario, he is the class pet.  Ironically enough, I've always wanted to have a turtle in my classroom...


 

This was one of the literacy block centers.  The students just started this center the week before I left.  It was a good one and if I get the opportunity to teach the lower grades I will be using it!



Thanks to Sherman-Williams of Bismarck I was able to create these monsters with the class.  They gave me some of their old wallpaper books so the kids could use it for the bodies, arms, etc of their Wild things!  They really enjoyed this art project...as a matter of fact I apparently excel in the art department because when they went around and said what there favorite part of me being there was, the majority of them said art!



1 comment:

  1. looks like I gave you your artistic abilities:)

    ReplyDelete