Tuesday, May 17, 2011

hectic....

that word really does sum up the last two weeks or so for this Hoff family.  The end of my first year of teaching is approaching QUICKLY!!  I'm trying to get memory books done for each of my little ones, assessing, grades, organizing their portfolios from all year, and planning fun activites for the next *7* days!

We've also been fridge shopping because our fridge went out, then started working again, then went out, and now it's apparently working again!  UGH! and now we are window shopping because the windows in the spare room have rotted out.  AND the TV down in the basement FINALLY went out *thanks Jarod and Heidi, she lasted awhile longer but she now has to say goodbye!* But, we agreed we can't buy a new TV until I have a signed contract for next year **this is really tearing Chad up =) if we didn't just buy a new fridge and have to buy some new windows, It'd be a different story** 

Oh, and mowers! The mower we bought was junk.  Broke down on us the first night we used it so Chad and Travis fixed it up.   Tried to use it again about a week later and I got half of the front lawn mowed before it crapped out again!  So, off to Menards we went.  Took that one back and got one that the boys were swooning over....the motor is a briggs and stratton and apparently that's like the next best thing since sliced bread.  Works much better, and the lawn really is looking nice! **if it isn't raining tomorrow I'll take some pictures and load them up for you to see, don't judge my non weeding of the flower bed, because I really don't know what is a weed and what is a flower.....**

Chad's back is starting to get a little better.  He is seeing a chiropractor here twice a week.  He has good days and bad days but we are hoping that this will help him out.  He did NOT get the steroid shot as of yet.  He wanted to see if the chiropractor would help before he ventured that route.

We've been going on walks when it isn't raining or he isn't out doing yardwork.  We live in such an amazing neighborhood.  Hardly any traffic and we are tucked in snugly with a few culdesacs nestled around.  There are however an abundance of mosquittos already out though, so that's a pain in the rear.  Oh well.

In about two weeks I start up grad classes for the summer and Chad heads out of town for a few days for another work adventure.  He isn't able to play softball this summer, so he hopes to hit up the golfing range a bit more than last year.  Our big summer projects will be a garage sale in June, refinishing my mom's dresser, and I'm hoping to paint the dining room ***although the red is growing on me...but I still think I'd like to repaint it***  I'm enlisting a friend to help me figure out how to decorate the house....hopefully she can help on a minimal budget =) 

Anyhow, I think that's all for now?  I'll post some pictures tomorrow night if it doesn't rain!

Night!

.brit

1 comment:

  1. for weeding, the best thing to do is, if it has red on the stem, probably a weed :) if its red and you don't think it looks weedy, let it grow a bit and see what you get. just don't let it go to seed :)

    you could always paint part of dining room and leave 1 red wall as a focal point.

    ReplyDelete