Today was my last day of Fall semester. I just finished up presenting my final project about thirty minutes ago and I must tell you, the weight has been lifted. This semester proved to be tough and tiring. I will admit, there were times when I felt like quitting because I had one page and a half of another filled with assignments and projects that needed to be completed within a week or so, and already another list of to do items started for when those were finished! This semester was tough, but I'm so glad it's done. I learned quite a bit of useful projects and information that I can hopefully one day take into the classroom with me.
The weight from this semester has lifted, but my anxiety and nerves are already kicking in about what student teaching will bring. A few weeks ago I got my first placement in Mandan for 1st grade. I was bummed that it is in Mandan, since it's about a 20-30 minute drive over there, but I'm starting to be okay with it. Today I received my second placement for Kindergarten, which is here in Bismarck. Luckily it's about a 5 minute drive from where we live right now! So January 4-March 2 I will be a driving fool to Mandan and March 3-April 28 I will be secured in Bismarck!
Sadie is at the groomer's today getting pretty and smelling clean. Chad's getting a haircut tonight too, so we will all be looking sharp to see everyone this weekend! I'm going to sit and relax (for the first time it feels like in the last three weeks!!!!!) this afternoon. I have to run to walmart however to exchange the stinken ink cartridges we bought last night, I'm also going to buy some items to make dipped pretzels (my fav!), cheerio bars for Chad (his fav!) and probably some stuff to make oh henry bars because they are scrumptious too! But I won't be making any of that stuff until next week when we can be home to enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing Johnboy this weekend, but am saddened for the reasoning (we have not seen John since the wedding!).
I'm going to eat some lunch now, just thought I'd write about the weeks happenings so far so I don't get behind again!
Yeah! Enjoy your time off and relax girly!
ReplyDeleteKristen