Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thinking Thursday

Life has been so crazy the last few weeks (or maybe I just haven't been blogging because I have no internet at home).  Either way, we've been busy.  We've been to Milnor for Madison's baptism, working at our jobs, working on our home, and trying to stay sane.  No, we still aren't in that FEMA trailer that was delivered almost 2 weeks ago. 

I had to have a sub on Tuesday this week because I was not feeling well at all!  Laying on the couch in the camper I couldn't help but be in a glum mood.  I just kept thinking "I want to go home."  I know home is where the heart is, but it's getting harder and harder.  Don't get me wrong.  I (WE) am VERY VERY VERY VERY appreciative of the ability to take over my dad's camper for the whole entire summer and then some.  It just wears on you...a space that isn't barely wider than 6 ft and only about two car lentgths long.  It just wears on a person.  I miss the little things: being able to fill my fridge with vegetables, fruit, and leftovers, taking a hot shower after a mind boggling day at work, doing my laundry at home (don't get me wrong, spending an hour at the laundry mat to get ALL of my laundry done has been great, but it's just not the same),  being able to bake a pizza without overheating the house,  only having to go to the grocery store once or twice in a two week period of time, and as weird as this is: a regular toilet.  I know a lot of others have it worse off and I think Chad feels the same way about a lot of this, but, in the end, it still wears on you.

Sorry.

Sorry if we bite your head off or just don't want to talk about it.
Or maybe that's all we want to talk about somedays...




**I had a whole lot more written and somehow it didn't publish it when I hit publish and I'm too exhausted to sit and retype it all...so you'll have to wait for another day.***

No comments:

Post a Comment