Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday thoughts

Just a few thoughts that have surfaced the last few weeks:



I really can't help but think warm, and relaxing thoughts when looking at this picture. The time will soon come when I can do this for about a week.......


I'd really like to do some hiking/walking paths this summer....wherever we are.....

Updates and rants:

The last two months have really flown by. My time is coming to an end with the 1st graders in Mandan and I am going to miss them dearly. I will be going back in May to do some observations and help out in their classroom again. They have really taught me a lot and I look forward to teaching the primary grades one day.

I will be starting in a Kindergarten classroom on March 3 here in Bismarck. I am excited, nervous, and burnt out. It is hard to teach full time Monday through Friday and then work on Saturday and Sunday all day. I feel that my time has been shortened for family and friends, but its a sacrifice I have to make, right?

March 13 is a huge day for myself. I have registered for my Praxis 2 test (to receive my teacher license). So the next few weeks will be crammed full of study time. I'm sure I will do fine, but I always expect the worst but hope for the best. I can give it my all and hope that is enough to pass it. My first test starts at 7:30 a.m. and the second at 10:45. So far, I'm pretty sure I have no idea if I will pass it or not (especially looking at the material so far!). So, keep me in your prayers that day.

I am almost done with my college career for now. I will be graduating on May 1, and then going back in June (as long as I get accepted into the graduate program) for one week long class and then in July for two 3 week classes.

I have so much going through my head right now it is hard to get my thoughts down, so sorry if this is a little bit of rambling!

We have two weddings this summer (that I know of right now), and a family reunion we are hoping to make. Chad's looking forward to softball and I am looking forward to socializing with all the wives/girlfriends =) Hopefully I will have a more full-time job and will be able to have my nights and weekends back, but, we will have to see how things work out.

No big changes in life coming up soon. I've upgraded to a smarty phone and we both now have North Dakota phone numbers (so if you need our numbers, let me know). Many of our friends are embarking into the world of marriage and parenthood and we couldn't be more happy for them (we will just continue to borrow everyone's children, no sense in having our own when we can borrow right now!!!!!!!) =)

Chad and I will continue to embark on making our lives better, healthier, and fulfilled with happiness in 2010.


1 comment:

  1. Brittney, you will do fine at the tests, you always do, I like that you can borrow kids, they will come in time to you and Chad. You have done well

    The Eagle

    ReplyDelete