I really want to just scrub the crap out of my main level, but, alas, I cannot.
I'm tired of seeing the dirty streaks and prints ALL OVER the nice pretty floor and seeing all of our stuff in piles everywhere. Not being able to eat dinner at the dinner table. It's so cluttered and clustered and I'm not enjoying it.....one bit.
Our basement cannot get finished soon enough. All the stuff that is down there right now though will have to come up...which makes for more clutter...*sigh*. On the bright side once it gets finished we can finally save some $$ each month because we won't have to pay for a storage unit anymore... Which, you may now be asking yourself "Why is all your stuff cluttered at your house when you have a storage unit?" Well, because we only had help for a few weekends and I can't help move any of the big stuff anymore so we took the help when it was offered. We still have stuff left in storage, mainly because there was no room for it in the house yet. Which is somewhat nice, as I was able to go through a good portion of what we did bring home and made quite the donation pile.....
I'm also ready for something to go right with the house. We now have to change some of the pipes in the bathroom because they are crumbling--according to the roto router guy who wouldn't roto router because of this. So, the amazing plumber friend we have is coming over this weekend to see if we have to change it all or if we can just change an elbow and be good to go....the bathroom sink does.NOT.drain at all currently.
We also need to figure out what to do about the landscaping. Spring is near and we have A LOT of work to do in order to keep water out of the basement. We know we have to add more dirt, slope the dirt, and number one fix priority is to fix the gutters and one of the corners of the house. So, if you've got some great landscaping tricks/tips/ideas LET US KNOW.
I guess my anxiety and restlessness are getting to me today. Chad has suggested we "get out of town" this weekend for the day at least. So, we may be heading to Bismarck for the day on Saturday....depends on how I'm feeling. We need to hit up Sam's Club something terrible, and need a quick filling of baby Weston--okay and maybe his parents too. I guess we will see.
Thanks for letting me vent! I hope you all had a fabulous week!
No comments:
Post a Comment