The house is still under construction =) Texturing is next! We have about a week or two until the basement will be finished and we can clear out the the clutter! YAHOO! I think I am more excited to hang clothes in the closet than I am to clear out the clutter.....
Chad is out shooting blackbirds (or crows...some type of black bird) right now with Travis. We spent the morning getting our closet cleared out and Chad went grocery shopping again (bless his heart).
The backyard will soon be taken care of. Our landscaper's dirt guy broke his leg! So we are waiting for him to heal up and then we will be back on track! We have no problem waiting for this guy because they came in with a mid range bid and were so personable and just so easy to work with! He asked what we wanted, gave us some suggestions, and TOGETHER came up with a plan.
Now, to get started on those deck plans.......I suppose if it hadn't been raining all weekend we would have been able to go out and stake it out....hopefully tomorrow night Chad will get off at a decent time and we will be able to do it then!
Chad cut down the big apple tree in the back the other weekend.....here's a during and after lol, somewhere I have a before..maybe I'll find it before I hit Publish =)
Before/ May 2011 During the cut down
After the cut down! The other little tree is still there--just not in the camera view =)
Here are a few pictures of the basement in it's current state:
Bathroom has new glass blocks, a full tub/shower, and a closet now! Before it was just a shower and no closet....and the new glass block window lets in SO much light!! It's nice to have two windows!
Spare room. The closet got moved to the other side of the room and the window looks amazing with the drywall wrapped! We did not replace the glass blocks in the bedroom, we had that opening cemented in because we had water issues pre-flood with that window well =)
This is the laundry room....out that door is the family room, next to where I was taking the picture from is the smaller storage room with the sump pump, and below is the other side of the laundry room. We aren't rocking that wall until we get the plumbing moved and all fixed up so that the washer and dryer can be moved to the furnace room wall =)
And lastly, this is the family room with new glass block windows and the stairs to go upstairs!
All of our tile and carpet is in and I think the trim also, so, construction should be finishing up in the next week or so! The only things left will be to repaint our bedroom and to paint the nursery, trim work in the nursery, our room, I think one wall in the dining room and one wall in the kitchen! So ALL construction will be complete before baby Hoff arrives....THANK GOODNESS!
To see any pictures from preflood to now just go to the archives =) April 2011-the present you can see photos from when we first bought the house, through the flooding, cleanup and rebuilding.













No comments:
Post a Comment