Monday, April 9, 2012

{Coming in October}


It's true!  We are happy to announce baby Hoff arriving sometime in October 2012!

The last three months have been insane.  Between being tired and sick, I'm not sure how I've made it this far....Chad has been a great help! 

We've been getting a lot of "It's about time!" and "We didn't think you two were ever going to have kids!" Well people, God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  After the loss of our home to the flood we also lost our baby last summer.  It wasn't our time.  Chad and I focused on getting our lives back into order and getting our house rebuilt so we could see if God had a great plan for us in 2012...turns out he did =)  HE knew we couldn't handle both life changing events last summer and had us focus on getting a roof over our heads again so that we could focus on the next plan he had for us.

We got to see the little bugger at 7 weeks (thought we were only about 6 weeks) as just a little peanut and again at our appointment on April 5 (where we measured ahead again, now at 13 weeks!).  Chad was too cute, "It's got arms and legs now!"  He sure is going to make a great dad =)  

I've been sick, and thankfully if I remember to take Zyrtec that somehow makes it more tolerable.  Chad's been doing the grocery shopping for us (as long as I make the list out to what we need from each isle specifically) and helping out with laundry.  I've had severe cramping, bleeding, and a hard time drinking water (apparently when you know you have to drink it it just doesn't taste as good....) but the little bugger is growing, and growing fast!  Some say the sicker you are the healthier your pregnancy...I beg to differ...I sure don't feel healthy.  

Cravings? Yeah.  Nothing crazy though.  Each week it's something different.  Peaches, pretzels with dippy cheese, cheeseburgers, summer sausage, Arby's cheese sticks,  the list goes on.  I've just been eating whatever sounds good because if it doesn't sound good, it doesn't sit well in my stomach.  I haven't gained much weight, but I haven't been able to each much before 3:00 in the afternoon!

Chad's on edge. I'm on edge. We have a constant worry that this won't be our take home baby.  But after seeing the little bugger on the ultra sound chilling out sucking it's thumb, somehow I just know this one is it.  

It's been a hectic journey for us....we wouldn't change a thing.  Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers you've had for our little family.  We appreciate it!

love--
Chad, Brit, Sadie, and baby Hoff


No comments:

Post a Comment