Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First official application =)

So, back on April 6, 2010, Chad frantically called me while he was at work.  I had like 5 missed calls from him, so I figured I'd better call him back while I was on lunch break.  He said "honey, I need to talk to you about my job."  My thoughts "crap, what happened."  So he precedes to tell me about the job offer he just received and that they want to know in one week if he will accept or decline.  GREAT! (EVERYONE KNOWS THIS OUTCOME!)  So, as he is describing to me the details of this promotion I had a horrible feeling in my gut.  I thought, I should check to see when application are due for Minot schools, so I am scouring the internet to find out when Minot Public School applications are due.  I about died when I read the due date: Thursday, April 8, 2010.  Two days! Not even two days!  I think I went into survival mode, if you will, and told Chad to stop talking and we would talk about the job more after I had the application filled out and faxed/overnighted. I could not think about the awesome opportunity Chad was about to embark on until I had that application signed, sealed, and sent.  So, after begging the registrar at UMary to physically hand me a copy of my transcript to overnight to Minot and after pulling an all-nighter (okay so I was up until about 3 a.m. but I had to leave the house by 7:45 to get to school to focus on those Kindergartners), I finished my application and sweet talked Karma (the secretary) to let me fax it from the school I was student teaching at =)  So, here I am with my first official application for a big girl job!  I look pretty tired =)


So, thats my story. I'm still waiting to hear back from Minot Public Schools as the principals had not picked up applications yet. I'll be calling in a few days to check on the status again =)  Either way, I'm just excited that I took the big jump into the adult life!



No comments:

Post a Comment