Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Student teaching ends.....

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd Kindergarten placement. I was blessed with a class that was well behaved, not one behavioral problem, a great cooperating teacher, and oh so much more! The experiences I had while I was there were amazing. From meeting one of my favorite authors to having buses not show up for a field trip. The parents were great to work with and the students really knew there stuff!



The 16 weeks I spent student teaching really showed me who I was as a new teacher. I learned so much in my first placement about classroom management and that I could tackle whatever was brought my way at a lower income school (there was some CRAZY stuff that went on and I pat myself on the back for the way that I handled it all!) and in kindergarten it really showed me who I was as a teacher because I could focus on creating lessons that were fun and engaging and teach for the full day (instead of redirecting behaviors for 84% of the day). I know that not every class will be this well behaved, but it was nice to see both sides of the spectrum. I'm hoping that soon I will have a class that is in-between the two I experienced!



No comments:

Post a Comment