Sunday, February 17, 2013

Postpartum month 4


Just doing a quick check in for those that have been emailing and asking!

I am now 4 months post partum.

Battling some anxiety that got ramped up during pregnancy but I'm happy to announce that the coping skills that I have been taught are proving to pay off.
 I was able to go to the mall last weekend by myself for a couple of hours and I didn't have an attack!  I was also able to go shopping at Walmart on a Saturday morning with my little family unit and didn't get an attack either!  I went to a get together at a friends house on Saturday night and while I did have a small attack there, I was able to work through it and enjoy myself!
Maybe someday I will share my whole story for you, but for now, admitting to my anxiety hard enough.

I am about 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  
I'm not looking to lose it and I haven't been trying to either...it's just falling off.  

I'm still having some pain above, around, and below my incision site.  I assume it's from it un-numbing and the nerves and any extra bending/stretching/twisting that I do.  

I went through a few days of horrible pain on one side...apparently it's Mittleschmerz.  
If it continues I have to go back in.


But, I'm doing okay otherwise!

1 comment:

  1. you look great! and I hope you're anxiety lessens, I wish I would have found some techniques after having Kyler. ((I was an anxious worried mess!) I am not sure what you are going through but I wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete