Monday, June 25, 2012

{24 weeks} VIABLE!

According to The Bump, Baby Hoff is a 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighing in at about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week he gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world!
Baby Hoff is about the size of a cantaloupe!  I got to take the Glucose test early last week due to my constant dizziness, shakiness, and all around pass out feeling-ness (yes, I've been eating the amount I should be and yes I've been eating how I should be...trust me, no more bag a day of chips for this girl.  Three meals and three snacks a day full of proteins and all that goodness...and a little more if I'm starving).  The orange drink wasn't bad =) made my stomach hurt for about 20 minutes and then all of a sudden my sugar rush hit...boy did I crash hard later.  I did pass though, so ruled out Gestational Diabetes.  One of the nurses in Labor and Delivery said this is probably just how my body is reacting to pregnancy--great.  My Dr said we would discuss it at my next appointment next week.  Glad we were able to rule something out but wish it was something I could control better.   

How far along? 24w1d
Total weight gain: 16 lbs (as of last appt)--I think I'm gaining in my face???
Maternity clothes? mixture of both--Chad let me go shopping this weekend!! Now I have bottoms that fit and am not stuck in loungy pants every day!!! Thanks Heidi and Sabrina for tagging along!!
Stretch marks? none that I can tell--and my scars are just starting to stretch out
Sleep: still averaging about 5-6 hours a night
Best moment this week: Got some great compliments at the grocery store =)
Miss Anything? energy

Movement: Lots!
Food cravings:  spaghetti and muffins

Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken
Gender: We know the gender..but still green for those who've asked us not to share =)
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms:getting braxton hicks still, just not as frequently.  Spurts of energy...one day I could eat the whole pantry and the next nothing at all.
Belly Button in or out? almost flat?
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy!
Looking forward to: painting the nursery (because then we can decorate FINALLY!)! Then painting our room and the exterior of the house!!!!

How are you feeling?  okay.  Back is a little sore...and Baby Hoff keeps finding my sciatic!  Otherwise I'm doing alright.
Next Appointment: July 2 
Chad's amusement of this week: feeling the little body parts and helping me try and guess which one is trying to push through--foot? hand? head? butt??

Here's the weekly picture from today =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment