Sunday, June 10, 2012

The [hacienda]

Our house is starting to re-become a home! 

The kitchen has been unpacked, organized, and finalized (for now...even baby Hoff has a special cupboard now)! I just have a few pinterest organizational ideas I'd like Chad to help me tackle and it will be complete!
 Took this after breakfast yesterday...pre-cleanup =)
The amazing entertainment center we built is getting organized (just need to fill a few frames and get a few bins for the bottom shelves to store some baby items)!  It is also currently housing some books for baby Hoff =)












The bottom shelves are housing some items that need to be taken downstairs...so not completely finished yet =)


The living room is finally a little less cluttered and will be even less come Wednesday when the donation truck comes to get the 3 huge bags and three boxes of stuff!!!

The dining room is...still getting worked on


and same with the rest of the house =)  More would be done if I could help Chad move the furniture that needs to be moved (the deep freeze needs to be moved to the utility room, my dresser and a cedar chest need to go downstairs, Chads dresser needs to be moved to the garage so I can start sanding it down for baby, and my other cedar chest needs to be moved into our room).

          Our room....                      Nursery              
 
The garage is quickly being emptied and those items are getting organized in their respected spaces, storage room, or utility room. 

The trim has been caulked and painted throughout the whole upstairs...except our room because I can't help move the bed!




The grass is even coming in nicely--and Sadie found a friendly little turtle in the backyard on Friday evening. We took her down to the culdesac in our neighborhood that leads to the river and released here there.


The past few nights we have had some crazy storms causing this momma to have some major PTSD!  I used to love thunder storms...I can't even make it five minutes in without an anxiety attack now..awesome.  The first night (Thursday) our gutters decided to REALLY not work and one of our window wells filled up and started gushing into the basement...yay.  Que panic attack because of course, it happens when Chad's at work. We got about 1.5 inches of rain in about 30 minutes.

 

Saturday morning another big storm came through (high winds, lots of rain--1.25 inches and hail).  We think the water stayed out of the basement but our tree's sure took a big hit.  Chad worked on the gutters on Saturday night to try and help the water situation but we still have some work to do with them.   

     

Going downstairs and the mess of a family room....This will be organized in the next few weeks =)

Chad lovingly finished the trimming out the white for me yesterday in the bathroom =)

Wednesday started my emotional mess =)  One of the last rounds of debris removal came through our neighborhood.  I saw this:



and then a little while later the big truck that all the garbage goes into came by and as soon as I saw it I was bawling!  It was like a huge burden just lifted off of our shoulders.  The remnants of last summer were finally gone. We can finally move on and not have to stare at those reminders daily.  I don't know how else to explain it.  I was so full of emotion it was just...it was a very happy day.  Sure we have the emotional memories and those will be with us forever, but this reminder is finally gone.  We can continue rebuilding our life and family. 

Chad's been working working working and I think he is secretly looking forward to mowing the backyard.  He isn't a fan of having to water so much, but it'll be worth it in the end.  The rain has been nice so we haven't had to water for a few days =)  I think he is also starting to relax a little.  He's finally looking for little projects to do around the house instead of coming home and bumming around.  Baby Hoff kicks and wiggles aren't creeping him out anymore, he's starting to enjoy it.  If he's patient enough he can poke baby back and baby will kick.  This coming week he is going golfing after work and he's looking forward to that.

I've been lazy--at least I think.  Chad tells me I do too much some days and I'm sure that I do.  I have a training one day this week and plan on getting the living room finished up along with the dining room.  IF I am ambitious I'll start tackling the basement family room and bedroom.  As soon as everything is put away we can start deciding how to decorate the walls!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment