When my mom passed away in 2004 there was only one of her personal belongings that I REALLY wanted: her rocker. I have MANY memories of her sitting in this chair. I was lucky enough to be able to receive it when she passed and have spent a lot of time thinking and pondering about life while sitting in it. Since getting the chair it has been my go-to spot to sit....it helps me cope with things, think about things, and just remember.
This chair is old--A. Barb tells me it sat in her mom's room =) I knew it was something that I would want to get fixed up sometime. When Chad and I found out we were expecting and looked at some rockers and recliners to use in the nursery, nothing really stood out. I figured it was time to fix up my thinkin' chair.
This chair has many special memories for me and now it will have many more as we transition it into the nursery. I could not be happier with how it turned out. We hired someone to refinish it and our friend graciously reupholstered it for us as a baby shower gift. They both did an amazing job and have brought new life to the chair. I cannot wait to snuggle, rock, read, and feed Baby Hoff in this chair. So many more amazing memories are about to be made.

Wow, Brit! It looks great!
ReplyDelete~ Cassie