Sunday, August 26, 2012

{33 weeks} Durian???

According to The Bump, Baby Hoff weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.  Baby Hoff is also the size of a Durian....which I've never heard of or seen in my life!
 
How far along? 33w0d
Total weight gain: 30lbs
Maternity clothes? mixture of both... 
Stretch marks? none that I can tell..but around my belly button looks bruised....so that's a little weird
Sleep: averaging about 4-6 a night
Best moment this week: getting the thinkin' chair back and finished!
Miss Anything? energy, feeling human, and being able to do things myself

Movement: Kicks, hiccups, rolls, jabs, punches, you name it Baby Hoff is probably doing it!
Food cravings:  muffins and any baked goods really...

Anything making you queasy or sick: chicken--let me clarify: chicken breasts--I can eat chicken nuggets, chicken fries, and crispy chicken sandwich....
Gender: We know the gender........
Labor Signs: still having braxton hicks and had a few contractions while working...had to sit and take a quick mental note to try and keep teaching!

Symptoms:MAJOR Sacroiliac Joint pain, MAJOR heartburn, sore legs/knees/feet/ankles, sleepy, braxton hicks.
Belly Button in or out?  flat! however the top has started to pop!
Wedding rings on or off? I try to wear them, but they end up coming off by the end of the day (especially at school when my room is 90+ degrees!)
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy--but apparently moody (see How are you feeling? below)
Looking forward to: getting everything done so I feel somewhat prepared at work and home for Baby Hoff

How are you feeling?  Tired. Sore. Swollen. Hot.  Anxious. Unprepared (but we are....minus the carseat!!).  I'm just not loving the unknown.  When will this little baby make it's debut?? We literally have 49 days until the official due date....is this baby going to take after my mom's births and my sister's and come early??  The doc tells me there is no correlation--but I think that is only half true.  How am I going to time contractions and teach at the same time?! I'm secretly hoping I "pee my pants" so that I know when I need to leave work!  After having three contractions the other day while trying to teach, it's going to be beastly hard to keep focused on both!  GAH!

(if below is bolded on your screen, it's not meant to be....I can't figure out how to fix that because when editing this post it shows up that it isn't bolded and larger than the other paragraphs) 
I'm also feeling frustrated--VERY FRUSTRATED.  MANY people keep telling Chad or I that "Gosh you're going to have to have a C-section because you are just too small to push that baby out." Daily. In one form or another this is said to one of us.  Why must people doubt me?  Yes, I am petite.  Do you all see me on a daily basis? No.  Do you all realize that yes I am small, but my body shape has changed dramatically?!  Do you not see how far my hips have spread when looking at my weekly photos?  Even if they hadn't spread as much as they have, there are MANY women who are smaller and more petite than I am that have been able to have a regular vaginal birth.  So, those who doubt me and my ability, thanks for setting me up for feeling like a failure if in fact this baby just doesn't want to descend into the birth canal or for some other reason and I have to have a C-section because it's what's best for the baby.  For those of you who have been nothing but supportive--thank you for believing in me and giving me the strength I will need to go through this life changing experience.
I've also gotten a glimpse into the October future....trying to make sure someone is available to watch the baby while I go in to work to help with the fall and winter party (because not many parents have volunteered), test my kiddos for report cards (because I have to fill in the report cards--I'd rather be the one testing so I know it's accurate information), and go in for parent teacher conferences (so I can get comped for those days instead of having to pay the sub) might just be a bit of a nightmare come October.  

Next Appointment: August 29
Chad's amusement of this week: getting Baby Hoff to move with his voice and realizing that sweeping and mopping the floors is a pretty big task that isn't fun (this is MAYBE the second time he's done this)--I know he appreciates when I clean the house--but I honestly think he has always thought it's not that big of a job (until now! because he's had to clean the bathroom and do the floors the last week or two).  

Here's the weekly pictures   =) 


(if below is bolded on your screen, it's not meant to be....I can't figure out how to fix that because when editing this post it shows up that it isn't bolded and larger than the other paragraphs)
Am I loving the forward facing picture? No. But I'm "keeping it real" and honest on here so that I can remember these memories and not forget the truth (since no one told me half the stuff that really goes on when you are pregnant....if only I would let you read my journal---you'd learn all the gory details!).  I don't love how my face has changed.  I don't mind the other parts that have changed, but I don't love the fuller face.  And I'm allowed to feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment