Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans

Chad's dad and mom came up this past weekend to help us out.  The exterior of the house needed a little facelift.....
 Right after.....
October....

July 2 =)
Still have to do the trim (except all but 2 windows were done when we got the new casings for the windows put on!)

It's pretty much the exact same color as it was before.  How did we manage that?? We don't know.  We picked a color that looked nice and we thought it might be a little darker and more gray, didn't hold it up to the outside...and voila, we picked a good replica haha.  They taped, plastic the windows, and sprayed the whole house in one day!

Chad's mom tackled the garage. Swept the whole thing and re-orgazined the piles! I don't have a before picture...maybe they do.... They got the board off the window and the pane that was broken out was replaced  with a board for the time being and some insulation got put up in the walls too!  As soon as Chad finishes insulating a few other spots he can put the shelves up that his parents brought up and he can start REALLY organizing his piles =)

On Sunday after a nap and some lunch Chad and I tackled painting Baby Hoff's room!
We have a few blankets and other things to pull out of there still, but the painting is done!  I got the white inside trim I wanted (which is what I wanted all throughout the house) because we couldn't paint the caulking that was used to seal the window....

After seeing it Chad did agree that it looked really nice with the white trim on the inside of the window!  HA!

Next project: Painting our room and working on the white trim on the exterior!  Then it's just a little touch-up paint on other parts of the house and decorating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment